Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A few interesting things...

I've always been a "bullet-pointer." Know anyone like that? I like to put bullets in my emails to keep things organized and easy to read. I also like to keep things short. If you've read The Solstice Treaty, you know that I like relatively short chapters (Helps those who only have time to read in short bursts and finishing a chapter can give you a good sense of accomplishment!) and short(ish) paragraphs (I can't stand paragraphs that go on and on - I get lost!). So, bullet points help when I have multiple things to say. So, here's some interesting stuff that happened in the last few days...

1. My first shipment of books arrived. Pretty fun going through the box and even though the book is out digitally, it was sure something to see it in print. Pretty happy about that. I'll put up a photo after this post. I sent a half dozen to Judy (my LA agent) to see if she can drum up some interest in la-la land.

2. I decided to sell my book at this big book shindig called Virginia Festival of the Book. It's in March so I wanted to ensure the print copy was looking good. Saw a few things I want to change but I have enough time. On a similar note, it looks like I'll be interviewed on the local radio station a few days before I sit there begging people to buy one :)

3. I've decided to make my digital book exclusive on Amazon for 90 days. It's not that I have anything against Nook owners but I have heard good things about the KDP program Amazon offers and, TBH, the vast majority of folks downloading the beast use Amazon. So, we'll see how things go. If you found the book through this promotion, welcome to the Shade :)

No comments:

Post a Comment