Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Book 1"

Well, now that I had secured my editor, I took to the serious task for writing the book. I had already completed the rough draft for "book 1" which contained the first 5 chapters. In these chapters I really wanted to show that five events took place that were all somehow intertwined. I knew that jumping back and forth between 1940's Europe and modern day might be a little jarring but I wanted to introduce them as quickly as possible so I could get into the backstory of Mark and Tess and then spend most of "book 2" building them up. It's funny. I thought that I would never have to go back and touch these chapters. I thought they were perfect. Hahaha. I ended up later pulling a lot of bits out of Chapter 2 simply because it became unwieldy. Anyway, I made book 1 (which is really just part 1) shorter because I loved how it ended with the phone call from Tess. It seemed like a great stopping point.

No comments:

Post a Comment